Well, no. If you’re in business, blogging is the engine of your brand. Additionally, blogging is indispensable for search engine optimization and building your audience.
A company’s website is the core of its internet marketing, but that alone will not bring in business. A company needs to drive traffic to the website using social media or paid advertising. Companies share their expertise and build influence on blogs. Facebook is an online network that provides additional content distribution. LinkedIn is where you can do it all.
Companies that need to be relevant now and in the future must create a steady flow of digital content and social interaction.
Your blog can help:
- Drive Authority — As the hub of continuing branding efforts, your blog is where you share your expertise and establish authority in your industry.
- Build Relationships — You’ll connect with customers, partners, bloggers, and other constituents by creating high-quality, useful information.
- Extend Reach — By sharing your blog posts on your social media channels, you will take advantage of the amplification social media offers. Engage with your audience and encourage them to share the content as well.
- Gain Subscribers — Your blog should inspire people to opt into your email newsletter list, which, in turn, feeds traffic to your website.
- Generate Sales — A blog can be vital to acquiring new customers. Post articles are an opportunity to demonstrate product or service details and expand on your brand’s value. Occasionally, offer exclusive discounts or promotions to your blog readers. Offers can incentivize them to make a purchase.
- Generate Leads — Your subscribers are an audience for email marketing campaigns. Send newsletters featuring your blog posts to your email subscribers with offers and opportunities.
- Create Audience Dialog — Blogs encourage interaction, comments, and feedback.
- Gain insights—Learn to speak your customers’ language and stay more in touch with their wants and needs.
- Sharpen Focus — Blogging should force you to define your target audience and your solutions to their pain points.
- Expand Recognition — A blog is your pulpit, your publication—where your ideas define what you have to offer. Consistently providing valuable content on your blog can establish you as an authority in your industry. This trust can lead to increased credibility and, subsequently, more sales.
The benefits of business blogging are too numerous to ignore. We’ve just scratched the surface of blogging’s value. To learn more, visit the Blog Marketing section of our website.
Fresh spider bait
Build your brand
Build an audience
Talk with customers
There’s more — Social Touches
Let’s describe the value of a blog another way, with Social Touches. Social Touches are publishing frequencies. Just using Facebook and LinkedIn distribution, in one week one blog post can be distributed to Facebook on three different days and times and to LinkedIn once. That is 4 Social Touches a week. Multiply those four touches by 50 weeks, and you have 200 Social Touches a year. Adding other social platforms and curated content will extend your reach and influence. Add a sharable branded offer to those 200 touches and the reach can easily become 300-400.
We’ve just scratched the surface of blogging values. To learn more visit the Blog Marketing section of our website.
We build blogs, teach how to blog, and manage blog marketing campaigns. To learn more call or text us at 954-257-7066