Over the past twelve or more years the working world has gone through an upheaval. Now almost a third of all workers are freelancers, consultants or contractors. These books offer insight into how did we got here and even more useful are the suggestions about how to navigate this new terrain. If you are considering becoming a solopreneur, or if you manage freelancers this library is a great resource. The following titles are in this review:
• “The Rise of the Creative Class: Revisited” by Richard Florida
• “Elsewhere U.S.A.: How We Got from the Company Man, Family Dinners, and the Affluent Society to the Home Office, BlackBerry Moms, and Economic Anxiety” by Dalton Conley
• “Here Comes Everyone: The Power of Organizing Without Organizations” by Clay Shirky
• “Cubed: A Secret History of the Workplace” by Nikil Saval
• “Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity” by David Allen
• “The Freelancer’s Bible: Everything You Need to Know to Have the Career of Your Dreams—On Your Terms” by Sara Horowitz
• “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” by Stephen R. Covey
• “Small Is the New Big: and 183 Other Riffs, Rants, and Remarkable Business Ideas” by Seth Godin
• “Average is Over: Powering America Beyond the Age of the Great Stagnation” by Tyler Cowen
• “Thinking, Fast and Slow” by Daniel Kahneman
Download our review of books that offer solutions for navigating today’s solo working world.
Imagine, Inc. is for:
• Creative freelancers
• IPs (Independent Professional)
We help companies REACH their ideal prospects and give them the tools to help turn those prospects into customers.
• We set up websites
• We create and manage social media campaigns and blogs
• We create content people want & distribute it to the platforms where their prospects hang out.
Call us and let’s see where we can contribute to your 21st-century marketing solutions. 954.257.7066