What is Blog Marketing?
Business blog is one of the most reliable and effective platforms to:
- Market your business
- Demonstrate your expertise
- Build an audience
- Drive traffic to your website
- Boost your search optimization
You have probably caught on by now that content creation is a very necessary function of successful internet marketing. People don’t care about products and services; they care about themselves. A successful blog has relevant content that inspires, educates, entertains and solves problems – this is what brings people to your blog and encourages them to return.
We build blogs, create blog strategies specific to each business, and create blog editorial calendars. We teach people how to do it or do it for them. If you don’t want to read this whole page, send us a request for a Blog Marketing Consult. Conversations answer questions quicker.
The benefits of business blogging:
- Demonstrate your expertise by offering solutions (not by tooting your own horn).
- Demonstrate thought leadership.
- Build a brand and your web presence.
- Build relationships by posting and commenting.
- Drive traffic to your website and your link generating offers.
- Put link generating offers on your blog.
- Ongoing fresh content is spider bait (spiders are an old term for search engine robots) that results in more indexed pages. More indexed pages factors heavily in your websites search engine results position (SERP).
Chris Brogan, one of the top bloggers in the world, wrote “Every time you post, you build an opportunity. It might be for making business. It might be for sharing thought leadership. It might be the chance to build some new relationships. Mechanically, it might just be another attempt to gain better organic ranking from Google. But each post is an opportunity.”
Instead of telling you how to blog we’d like to share the research that shows why business blogging is good marketing:
- 55% more visitors
- 97% more inbound links
- 434% more indexed pages
- B2B marketers who use blogs generate 67% more leads per month than those who do not
- Blog links can be added almost anywhere – from an email signature to social media outlets, informing people of a new blog post generates website traffic
- Internet users in the US spend 3x more time on blogs than they do on email
- Blogging gives your company a dynamic personality and voice, which attracts more traffic than a static website
- Blogs that include free resources increase links and get readers to subscribe, increasing repeat visits and attracting new followers
- 77% of Internet users read blogs
Create a blog marketing plan, strategy, and tactics that align with your business strategy
Creating a stream of content to keep a blog fresh might seem daunting. The internet marketing strategy we create for every client will include a blog content calendar with topics based on your company strengths/objectives and your market audience. Our Guide to Easy Blog Posts describes 16 tactics for social marketing. The guide will get you started. There are three types of content to draw upon. All of these content types have best practices and ethical standards you can read in our blog post.
Let Imagine, Inc. guide your company through the business blogging basics, followed by advanced blogging tactics that will grow your blog’s reach. Of course, we can create, write and manage your blog for you to any degree. Start creating blog marketing magnets with a call to 954.257.7066 now, or use the contact form to schedule a time we can call you.
This video is the design of our previous blog. After a publishing hiatus, we have repurposed the valuable evergreen content. Keeping current is especially difficult for topics like services and tools, so we will be limit these topics. Content credibility should be part of every blog marketing strategy. Let us know what topics you would like to read.
We work with companies to develop a powerful online marketing presence so they can attract the perfect customers.
Want to talk shop, or get straight to business? Give us a call or send us a text message. We love to learn about your business.